Add to comparison
Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope
Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope. Objective lens diameter: 90 mm. Focal length: 1250 mm
Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO is the most compact model of the Strike PRO series, which means it can be easily transported to the countryside for stargazing. The Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design provides for compact size and light weight of this telescope, but still yields high-quality views of celestial objects. The focal length of 1250 millimeters (4... more
Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO is the most compact model of the Strike PRO series, which means it can be easily transported to the countryside for stargazing. The Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design provides for compact size and light weight of this telescope, but still yields high-quality views of celestial objects. The focal length of 1250 millimeters (49.2 inches) provides for detailed views during planetary observations, while the objective lens diameter of 90 millimeters (3.5 inches) allows you to study various deep-sky objects. All in all, this a perfect model for anyone who enjoys traveling, or who just does not have enough space to store a telescope at home.
Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope will become indispensable for experienced astronomers. Its tube is set up on a German equatorial mount EQ1, complete with slow-motion controls. You have to align an equatorial mount before your observations, but it is far more useful than an altazimuth mount during observations of moving objects. It has special setting circles that allow you to point your telescope to a celestial object using its celestial coordinates. It also compensates for the daily rotation of Earth with just a turn of a slow-motion control. You can even install an equatorial computerized drive system! The mount is set up on an adjustable tripod with an accessory tray.
High-quality optics for best results. The 90-millimeter (3.5-inch) objective lens and the fully multi-coated optics gather and transmit enough light for really bright and sharp views of celestial objects. Levenhuk eyepieces supplied in the kit are made to the highest standard and significantly expand the capabilities of your telescope. The T-thread on the focuser allows you to attach a camera to your telescope through a special adapter (purchased separately), so you can capture the most impressive views during your observations.
A truly advanced kit of Strike PRO Telescopes. All the telescopes from Strike PRO series are supplied with the standard kit of Strike models with some really useful extras that will allow you to venture deeper into the cosmos during your astronomical observations. In addition to printed materials, additional eyepieces, a compass and planetarium software, you will also find the following extras in your kit: a 6.3-millimeter (1/4-inch) Plössl eyepiece, a 2x Barlow lens, a set of filters, lunar and solar filters, and a wonderful Levenhuk Zongo 60 Telescope Case. The telescope comes in a colorful box.
No other telescope has so many extras supplied in its standard kit, which makes Levenhuk Strike PRO Telescopes even more appealing for astronomers ready to learn more about the universe around them. With such an advanced kit, you can begin uncovering the mysteries of space right after unpacking your new telescope!
Amazing kit of a Levenhuk Strike PRO Telescope:
1. "See it all!" Astronomer's Handbook. This practical handbook will come in handy for amateur stargazers and those who want to brush up on their knowledge of the universe. The book contains detailed information on 280 celestial objects, their images (in color), star charts and other pictures. You will also find some information on various optical designs of telescopes.
2. Stellarium. This is 3D planetarium software that allows you to plan your observations and explore the night sky several years in the future. The database contains over 600,000 constellations, stars, comets, planets and their satellites and much, much more.
3. Space Posters Set (Moon, Sun and Other Stars, Solar System). These high-quality colorful posters contain interesting information about celestial bodies. Illustrations and captions present this information in an easy-to-read format. The posters are 84x60 cm (33x24 in).
4. Planisphere is a rotating star chart that lets you see the way stars have aligned a few centuries in the past or, if you wish, a hundred years in the future. All you need to do is align the viewer and the star chart, providing a date and time.
5. Compass. At times, even astronomers need a compass. Before you begin your observations, you always have to get yourself oriented to the Northern Pole. It is much easier when you have a compass ready! And after you find Polaris by the Northern Pole, you will see familiar constellations and other stars.
6. 6.3 mm Plössl eyepiece. This practical eyepiece yields high magnifications that allow you to study the Moon and planets of the Solar System in detail. All the optical elements are made of fully multi-coated glass and provide very bright and sharp images.
7. 2x Barlow lens. A Barlow lens is capable of doubling the focal length of the telescope, therefore doubling the magnification of your eyepieces. This makes your views of the Moon and planets even more detailed. A Barlow lens has to be placed before the eyepiece and does not reduce the resulting quality of your views.
8. Set of filters. These four filters may be used during planetary observations. They enhance the features of observed objects, which allows you to see even more details on the planetary surface.
9. Lunar filter. This filter reduces the glare of the lunar surface during observations. It does not reduce the quality of the resulting image nor does it change the natural colors of the Moon, but enhances every detail of lunar craters and highlands.
10. Solar filter. This filter is made of special Baader Planetarium AstroSolar Visual film that absorbs radiation from the sun and allows for comfortable observations of the star without any decrease in quality of the resulting image. Under no circumstances should you observe the Sun without a solar filter, as this may cause permanent retinal damage.
11. Levenhuk Zongo 60 Telescope Case. This case is made of a sturdy waterproof material, and the padded lining protects the telescope from impact. It is also fitted with handle straps, full-length zippers and separate compartments for the mount and accessories.
The kit includes:
- Levenhuk Strike PRO Telescope on a German equatorial mount
- Aluminum tripod
- Eyepieces: SUPER 10 mm, SUPER 20 mm
- An additional Plössl 6.3 mm eyepiece
- 2x Barlow lens
- Set of filters
- Lunar filter
- Solar filter
- Red Dot finder scope
- Diagonal mirror
- "See it all!" Astronomer's Handbook with descriptions of 280 celestial objects
- Space Posters Set (Moon, Sun and Other Stars, Solar System)
- Stellarium software CD to assist you during your astronomical observations
- Levenhuk Zongo 60 Telescope Case
- User manual and lifetime warranty
You can find a review on Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope here.
Read a useful article "How to choose a telescope" here.
Find some interesting information on what you can see with a telescope here.
Here you can find a list of celestial objects you can see with this telescope.
Objective lens diameter (aperture), mm
Focal length, mm
Highest practical power, x
Resolution threshold, arcseconds
Limiting stellar magnitude
|SUPER 10 mm, SUPER 20 mm, Plössl 6.3 mm|
Eyepiece barrel diameter
Tripod height (adjustable), mm
|German equatorial EQ1|
General use product.
May be used by kids
over 3 years old.
High-resolution images (rar) 10376kb
Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope - Total: 40 0 40
Can I see the Crab Nebula? Levenhuk Customer Service:
You can see the Crab nebula in the telescope with a lens diameter starting at 100mm. Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope isn't suitable for this purpose.
Can I observe objects without setting up the polar axis? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, you can observe objects using Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope without setting up the polar axis.
Can I do the observations without setting up the mount? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Setting up the mount is necessary to observe objects.
How can I set up the mount? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The setup guide can be found in the instruction booklet that comes with the Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO kit. You can also find the instructions through this link: https://www.levenhuk.com/products/materials/0/LVH-Telescopes-Strike-PRO-UM-ml.pdf
Is it good for a 12-13-year-old boy? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope is perfect for a 12?13 year old child!
1. What are the main differences from the refractor levenhuk 900 pro? 2. Uranus will be seen as a pea? 3. Atthe maximum magnification what diameter Jupiter will have in mm?. 4. Is it possible to fix this mount so that it does not shake while observing Levenhuk Customer Service:
1) The Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope and the Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope differ in optical scheme and focal length. 2) Uranus and Neptune look like small disks without details in telescope tube. 3) Unfortunately, Jupiter’s diameter cannot be measured at maximum magnification. 4) The Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope mounting is fairly stable during observations.
Hello, is the sunfilter that comes with the kit safe to use? Or should I try projecting the sun instead? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Hi Lisa, Thanks for the query. The solar filter that comes with the Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope is absolutely safe to use, there is nothing else needed for solar observations.
Hello what's the difference between EQ1 and EQ2 mounts? Levenhuk Customer Service:
These types of equatorial mounts differ by payload capacity.
Hello I have this scope and have bought a T-ring for astrophotography. Is there a way to make increase during photography higher? Some accessories? Levenhuk Customer Service:
When taking pictures with an SLR camera and Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope (or any other telescope), the resulting magnification depends on the camera.
Hello! How to attach eos 600d camera to this telescope? Levenhuk Customer Service:
You will need a T-ring designed especially for your camera model.
Hello! Is this telescope suitable for a beginner? Is it a good model? Thank you in advance! Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO is a perfect choice for a beginner.
Hello! Where can I find more detailed information about this telescope? As a beginner, I have lots of knowledge gaps... for example, eyepieces. What do I need them for? Where should I insert filters? Levenhuk Customer Service:
You can find the manual in the 'References and Downloads' section on the product description page. Eyepieces determine the magnification of a telescope. Filters that are used with eyepieces should be inserted into the eyepiece barrel. You can find more useful information on telescopes in the Good to Know section - https://www.levenhuk.com/reviews/
Tell me please... will image quality be very different when I use 7mm eyepiece or 7-21mm zoom eyepiece at maximum magnification? Levenhuk Customer Service:
There will be some difference in image quality, but not very significant.
Can I use Nikon D3100 for astrophotography with Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO? Should I order any accessories in addition? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, you can attach your camera to the Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO model using Levenhuk 2x Barlow Lens with Camera Adapter (http://www.levenhuk.com/catalogue/accessories/levenhuk-2x-barlow-lens-with-camera-adapter/) and a special T-ring for Nikon cameras.
how to wipe the dust from the objective lens? I have the Levenhuk 950 telescope, just don't want to damage the optics... Levenhuk Customer Service:
We recommend that you use Levenhuk cleaning cloths and cleaning spray.
Hello! Is this telescope model suitable for home use? (to observe from a balcony, yard and so on...) Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope is suitable for observations from balcony under urban conditions.
Hello! Could you please help me to choose a computer-controlled mount for this model (Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO)? Thank you. Levenhuk Customer Service:
For use with Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope we would recommend Levenhuk Ra EQ5 GoTo Equatorial Mount - http://www.levenhuk.com/catalogue/telescopes/levenhuk-ra-eq5-goto-equatorial-mount/.
Hello! Could you please provide me with specifications of all eyepieces included in the kit? to be specific I need FOV and field stop (I need it for Stellarium program) Levenhuk Customer Service:
SUPER 10 mm, SUPER 20 mm and Plossl 6.3 mm eyepieces have field of view of 52°.
Help me to compare these two models: 950 PRO and 1000 PRO. They look pretty identical to me (I don't see any significant difference in the specifications or kit) but the price difference is noticeable. The price/quality ratio is better for 950 as I see it? 2. What can I see better through 1000 PRO? I mean if I'm mistaken. Thanks Levenhuk Customer Service:
The difference between these two telescopes is rather significant. The Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope has objective lens diameter of 90 mm and Levenhuk Strike 1000 PRO - of 102 mm. What can be seen through telescopes of different apertures - http://www.levenhuk.com/reviews/things_you_can_see/
I use 10 mm eyepiece ( 125x ), 6.3 mm (198x > max useful magnification). What size Mars appears when observed with 6.3 mm eyepiece? Levenhuk Customer Service:
If the maximum useful magnification is exceeded the image quality will be worse, Mars at this magnification will appear pea-sized.
Is there any possibility to achieve higher magnification? how can I do it? The planets appear too small:( Levenhuk Customer Service:
Magnification depends on the eyepieces used, please, specify, which eyepieces you are working with.
Hello! Tell me, where these optical filters should be inserted? And why they have different tints? Levenhuk Customer Service:
These filters should be inserted in the eyepiece. To get more information on Levenhuk optical filters, please, follow this link: http://www.levenhuk.com/catalogue/accessories/solar-system-levenhuk-f4-filter-set/#more
What field of view does SUPER 25 eyepiece have? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The field of view of the SUPER 25 mm eyepiece is 52°.
Could you recommend the best telescope in your opinion for observing Solar System and deep sky? So I wouldn't need to buy any additional eyepieces and so on. About 500 $. I'm so tired of looking for the right model, thanks in advance! Levenhuk Customer Service:
Thanks to the rich kit of accessories, lifetime warranty and versatility Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO will be the best choice.
Hi! Tell me, will I be able to observe terrestrial objects through this telescope? Thanks in advance! Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, it's possible to observe terrestrial objects through Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope. To get "direct" images, you will need an erecting prism.
One little question: the description says that this telescope has 1250 focal length, but its title says 950? Where is the truth? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO has focal length of 1250 millimeters. "Strike 950 PRO" - it's just a model name in our Strike telescope series, if you look through all of the telescopes, you will notice, that this number mostly matches with the objective lens or mirror diameter, but certainly not with the focal length.
So which eyepiece is included in the kit? 25 mm or 20 mm there's a difference! Levenhuk Customer Service:
The eyepieces included in the kit: SUPER 10 mm, SUPER 20 mm, Plossl 6.3 mm eyepiece.
Which optical design is more appropriate for planetary observations: refractor or catadioptric? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Both refracting and catadioptric telescopes are suitable for observing planets. Catadioptric telescope is suitable for deep-sky observing as well.
Hello, tell me how it differs from Levenhuk strike 950 pro. So levenhuk strike 950 pro comes with more accessories, has a great mount, larger focal length, and after all is a catadioptric. Is there something else? Levenhuk Customer Service:
This is the Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope. Please specify which telescopes are we comparing exactly?
I meant with eyepieces included in the kit. Thanks in advance. Levenhuk Customer Service:
The highest practical power out of the box for Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO is 198x with the Plossl 6.3 mm eyepiece included in the kit.
How to achieve the telescope's highest practical power? Which eyepieces will I need? Levenhuk Customer Service:
We recommend you Levenhuk Ra WA 82°, 7 mm Eyepiece - http://www.levenhuk.com/products/eyepiece-levenhuk-ra-wa-7/
Is the diagonal mirror included in the kit? And what images will be like? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, the diagonal mirror is included in the kit with Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope. The produced image will be mirrored.
What's the difference between EQ1 and EQ2 equatorial mounts? Levenhuk Customer Service:
They are almost the same, but EQ1 supports up to 2 kg, and EQ2 - 3 kg, so EQ2 is steadier.
The smaller the focal ratio then what...? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Focal ratio is the most essential feature for an astrograph. The less it is the less will be the object's brightness at specified exposure.
Tell me please, the difference in focal ratio between this model and 900 PRO will strongly affect the quality of observation? You advised me 950 model as a preferable choice, but it features f/13.9 focal ratio against f/10 of 900 model. Levenhuk Customer Service:
For visual observations the focal ratio is not that important. How bright the image will appear to human eye depends on the objective lens diameter (aperture) and not on the focal ratio. And these two models have the same value.
Hello! Which one will be a better choice? Strike 950 PRO or Strike 900 PRO and why? I'm going to observe from my terrace. And outside the city too. It will be my first telescope. Levenhuk Customer Service:
We would recommend buying Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO. These two telescopes have quite similar optical capabilities, but Strike 950 PRO takes less place, features larger focal length (which is important for image quality at high magnifications), it's better suited for deep-sky observations when you are tired of observing planets and the Moon, the effect of chromatic aberrations is reduced to minimum (colored iris around lighted objects).
tell me please which exact filters are included in the kit? And what kind of Barlow lens? Does it have any a T-adapter? Levenhuk Customer Service:
There are yellow, blue, red, green and lunar filters included in the kit. 2x Barlow lens doesn't have a T-adapter.
Hi. I wanna order Red Dot finderscope suitable for this telescope. Suggest the right model pls! Levenhuk Customer Service:
Red Dot finderscope is included in the kit of the Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO model.
good day! Help me please, what kind of adapter do I need to connect SONY Alpha 55 camera (SLT-A55V) to this telescope? Levenhuk Customer Service:
You need a T-ring, and unfortunately we don't have them at this time. Consider using digital cameras designed specifically for telescopes: http://www.levenhuk.com/catalogue/digital-cameras-telescope-all-items/
Hi! Can I use this model for terrestrial observations (like a spotting scope) ? What do I need for it ? Will the image be in a good quality? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, the Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO model is suitable for terrestrial observations. The image will be good quality. You need this accessory: http://www.levenhuk.com/products/45degree_erect_prisma_levenhuk_7517/ more
Submit your question or review on
Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO Telescope: