Add to comparison
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope
Achromatic refractor. Objective lens diameter: 90 mm. Focal length: 900 mm
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO is the entry-level model of the Strike PRO series. It has a high-quality achromatic objective lens that provides bright and sharp images with minimal chromatic aberrations. This is a very compact and lightweight model and, with the telescope case included in its advanced kit, can be easily transported when you travel. You ca... more
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO is the entry-level model of the Strike PRO series. It has a high-quality achromatic objective lens that provides bright and sharp images with minimal chromatic aberrations. This is a very compact and lightweight model and, with the telescope case included in its advanced kit, can be easily transported when you travel. You can observe stars of up to 11.8 stellar magnitude with this telescope thanks to its 90-mm (3.5-in) objective lens, which means that it can be used for planetary observations, as well as study of deep-sky objects. With Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO you can see all the wonders of our universe, from Solar System planets to deep-sky objects.
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope will become indispensable for experienced astronomers. Its tube is set up on a German equatorial mount EQ2, complete with slow-motion controls. You have to align an equatorial mount before your observations, but it is far more useful than an altazimuth mount during observations of moving objects. It has special setting circles that allow you to point your telescope to a celestial object using its celestial coordinates. It also compensates for the daily rotation of Earth with just a turn of a slow-motion control. You can even install an equatorial computerized drive system! The mount is set up on an adjustable tripod with an accessory tray.
High-quality optics for best results. The 90-millimeter (3.5-inch) objective lens and the fully multi-coated optics gather and transmit enough light for really bright and sharp views of celestial objects. Levenhuk eyepieces supplied in the kit are made to the highest standard and significantly expand the capabilities of your telescope. The T-thread on the focuser allows you to attach a camera to your telescope through a special adapter (purchased separately), so you can capture the most impressive views during your observations.
A truly advanced kit of Strike PRO Telescopes. All the telescopes from Strike PRO series are supplied with the standard kit of Strike models with some really useful extras that will allow you to venture deeper into the cosmos during your astronomical observations. In addition to printed materials, additional eyepieces, a compass and planetarium software, you will also find the following extras in your kit: a 6.3-millimeter (1/4-inch) Plössl eyepiece, a 2x Barlow lens, a set of filters, lunar and solar filters, and a wonderful Levenhuk Zongo 80 Telescope Case. The telescope comes in a colorful box.
No other telescope has so many extras supplied in its standard kit, which makes Levenhuk Strike PRO Telescopes even more appealing for astronomers ready to learn more about the universe around them. With such an advanced kit you can begin uncovering the mysteries of space right after unpacking your new telescope!
Amazing kit of a Levenhuk Strike PRO Telescope:
1. "See it all!" Astronomer's Handbook. This practical handbook will come in handy for amateur stargazers and those who want to brush up on their knowledge of the universe. The book contains detailed information on 280 celestial objects, their images (in color), star charts and other pictures. You will also find some information on various optical designs of telescopes.
2. Stellarium. This is 3D planetarium software that allows you to plan your observations and explore the night sky several years in the future. The database contains over 600,000 constellations, stars, comets, planets and their satellites and much, much more.
3. Space Posters Set (Moon, Sun and Other Stars, Solar System). These high-quality colorful posters contain interesting information about celestial bodies. Illustrations and captions present this information in an easy-to-read format. The posters are 84x60 cm (33x24 in).
4. Planisphere is a rotating star chart that lets you see the way stars have aligned a few centuries in the past or, if you wish, a hundred years in the future. All you need to do is align the viewer and the star chart, providing a date and time.
5. Compass. At times, even astronomers need a compass. Before you begin your observations, you always have to get yourself oriented to the Northern Pole. It is much easier when you have a compass ready! And after you find Polaris by the Northern Pole, you will see familiar constellations and other stars.
6. 6.3 mm Plössl eyepiece. This practical eyepiece yields high magnifications that allow you to study the Moon and planets of the Solar System in detail. All the optical elements are made of fully multi-coated glass and provide very bright and sharp images.
7. 2х Barlow lens. A Barlow lens is capable of doubling the focal length of the telescope, therefore doubling the magnification of your eyepieces. This makes your views of the Moon and planets even more detailed. A Barlow lens has to be placed before the eyepiece and does not reduce the resulting quality of your views.
8. Set of filters. These four filters may be used during planetary observations. They enhance the features of observed objects, which allows you to see even more details on the planetary surface.
9. Lunar filter. This filter reduces the glare of the lunar surface during observations. It does not reduce the quality of the resulting image nor does it change the natural colors of the Moon, but enhances every detail of lunar craters and highlands.
10. Solar filter. This filter is made of special Baader Planetarium AstroSolar Visual film that absorbs radiation from the sun and allows for comfortable observations of the star without any decrease in quality of the resulting image. Under no circumstances should you observe the Sun without a solar filter, as this may cause permanent retinal damage.
11. Levenhuk Zongo 80 Telescope Case. This case is made of a sturdy waterproof material, and the padded lining protects the telescope from impact. It is also fitted with handle straps, full-length zippers and separate compartments for the mount and accessories.
The kit includes:
- Levenhuk Strike PRO Telescope on a German equatorial mount
- Aluminum tripod
- Eyepieces: SUPER 10 mm, SUPER 25 mm
- An additional Plössl 6.3 mm eyepiece
- 2x Barlow lens
- Set of filters
- Lunar filter
- Solar filter
- 6x30 finder scope
- Diagonal mirror
- "See it all!" Astronomer's Handbook with descriptions of 280 celestial objects
- Space Posters Set (Moon, Sun and Other Stars, Solar System)
- Stellarium software CD to assist you during your astronomical observations
- Levenhuk Zongo 80 Telescope Case
- User manual and lifetime warranty
You can find a review on Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope
Find a review on Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope here.
Here you can find a list of celestial objects you can see with this telescope.
Objective lens diameter (aperture), mm
Focal length, mm
Highest practical power, x
Resolution threshold, arcseconds
Limiting stellar magnitude
|SUPER 10 mm, SUPER 25 mm, Plössl 6.3 mm|
Eyepiece barrel diameter
Tripod height (adjustable), mm
|German equatorial EQ2|
General use product.
May be used by kids
over 3 years old.
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope - Total: 35 0 35
Uranus will be seen as a pea, isnt it? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Uranus and Neptune can be seen with the Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope as small disks, without surface details.
Is it good for a 12-13-year-old boy? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope is perfect for a 12?13 year old child!
The Eyepieces, Are they 1.25 Levenhuk Customer Service:
Dear Curtis, thank you for your inquiry. Yes, the diameter is 1.25. Please note, the telescope has been sold out. Please consider buying our Levenhuk Strike 90 PLUS Telescope (65561).
can this be upgraded to a computerized go to object? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Dear Boom Jones, thank you for interest in Levenhuk products! Yes, you will need a mount with an autoguider, planetarium software and connecting cables. Is there any additional information you might need?
Hello! My son wants me to buy a telescope for him, so after a little research I decided to choose an achromatic refractor - Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO. I read all information about it, including customer questions and reviews, and I still have a few things to ask: 1. is this telescope suitable for adults? will it be a problem to figure out how it works? 2. I saw somewhere in customer reviews that the Barlow lens isn't good enough, and they had to buy a zoom eyepiece... is it true? should I buy some other Barlow lens instead of this one? 3. I also considered another telescope model - Levenhuk SkyMatic 105 GT MAK, but its price is much higher... so what's the difference? except automatic navigation? thank you in advance! Levenhuk Customer Service:
1. Yes, this telescope is easy to use, it won't be a problem for an adult. 2. There's no need in buying another Barlow lens, you can just buy an eyepiece with a shorter focal length. 3. Levenhuk SkyMatic 105 GT MAK Telescope is a better choice in your case, as it is better suited for beginning astronomers. It also has a larger objective lens diameter, therefore higher magnification power. Moreover, its Maksutov-Cassegrain design ensures quality views with almost no chromatic aberrations.
Hello! what field of view do these eyepiece have? Levenhuk Customer Service:
SUPER 10 mm, SUPER 25 mm eyepieces have a field of view of 52°.
Hello! I'm looking for a present for my husband. He is really into astronomy. But he's never had a telescope before. It should be for solar system objects as well as for deep-sky. Budget: $500. I've been comparing two models: Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO and Levenhuk SkyMatic 105 GT MAK. There is a little difference in price. The first one has a wonderful kit, the second - mount with an autoguider. Which one should I choose? I'd like to buy really quality instrument. Don't want to replace it in a year or two. But it will be his very first telescope... that's why I have little hesitation. Levenhuk Customer Service:
Levenhuk SkyMatic 105 GT MAK Telescope has larger objective lens diameter and higher magnification. The auto guidance system is a very useful feature for a beginner.
what is zoom eyepiece? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Zoom eyepiece is an eyepiece with variable magnification.
Is this telescope suitable for terrestrial observations? If not, please recommend some models for both astronomical and terrestrial observations. Levenhuk Customer Service:
The Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO is suitable for terrestrial observations, but you need to purchase an additional accessory. What you should be looking for is an erecting prism. Unfortunately, such telescope accessory is currently unavailable in our store.
Hello! my son (9 years old) wants a telescope, is this model suitable for beginners? Will we be able to understand how it works? Or maybe we should take some other model, smth simpler? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Your son will be able to manage the Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope with your help.
Hello! I'm choosing a telescope. I'd like to observe galaxies and nebulae, as well as stars and planets. Does Levenhuk Strike 900 Pro come with 45 degrees erecting prism? Which telescope would you recommend? Thanks in advance. Levenhuk Customer Service:
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO is a great choice due to equatorial mount, packaging and lifetime warranty. Unfortunately erecting prism is not included in the kit, but you can always purchase it separately.
Will I be able to see at least couple dozens of galaxies with this? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Please refer to following article to find out which celestial objects may be observed with a telescope based on its aperture: https://www.levenhuk.com/reviews/things_you_can_see/
I've bought PRO 900 here and I can't understand what's the difference between prism and this mirror? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Do you mean diagonal mirror? Diagonal mirror and diagonal prism are similar products. Both used for achieving a more comfortable viewing angle, which is especially important when observing objects that are high in the sky, close to the zenith. Secondly, they allow you to obtain direct images.
And the mount of Strike 900 PRO is better than the one from Skyline PRO 90 MAK kit, is that right? OR maybe MAK's compactness and light weight make it more preferable and convenient than Strike? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, you are right. The Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO model features more advanced EQ2 mount, and it's also worth to mention, that due to the optical design of Levenhuk Skyline PRO 90 MAK, it is really more compact and versatile.
Hello! What a difficult decision! Could you help me? Which telescope is better considering its image/build quality - Levenhuk Skyline PRO 90 MAK or Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO? Which one is more capable of producing high-quality detailed views of Saturn/Jupiter? The kit isn't that important for me, I know that Strike comes with more accessories. Levenhuk Customer Service:
The optics quality of these two models is comparable. Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO is best suited for planetary observations; Levenhuk Skyline PRO MAK 90 is more versatile - you can observe Solar System planets as well as deep-sky objects.
We bought Strike 900 PRO telescope. The descriprion says that this model gives upright mirrored image but for us image is inverted. Why? Levenhuk Customer Service:
To get upright image you have to install diagonal mirror (included in the kit).
Hi! I have a few questions: 1. Tell me, which celestial objects can I observe with this telescope? I live in a small town, light pollution is minimal, the skies are pretty clear usually. 2. Maybe for this puprose other model will serve better? 3. Is it difficult to use equatorial mount? (this is gonna be my first experience with telescopes:) Levenhuk Customer Service:
1. Here - https://www.levenhuk.com/articles/things_you_can_see/ - you will find all the nesessary information on things you can see with a telescope based on its aperture. 2. Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope is perfect for your purpose. 3. At first, the process of installing equatorial mount might seem a little complicated, you just need to thoroughly sort things out, and, after a few attemts, it will take you just 2-3 minutes. And afterwards it will be much more easier to navigate and track celestial objects as compared to atz mounts.
Hi! Sorry, I'm out of subject: levenhuk strike 950 observing under 198x magnification - the images' sharpness will suffer?? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The highest practical power of Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO telescope is 180x. Above this value image quality will be reduced.
Tell me please, with these additional eyepieces from the kit, that give 198x magnification, will the picture quality be much worse?? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Such an eyepiece, that produces 198x magnification, is not included in the kit. If you exceed the maximum useful magnification the image quality will be reduced.
What is the tube's length? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The optical tube's length of Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope is slightly smaller than a meter.
Hello! Tell me, please, which telescope, Levenhuk Strike 135 PLUS or Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO, is more suitable for observing Solar System planets, as well as deep-sky objects? For beginners? Thank you in advance! Levenhuk Customer Service:
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope is better suited for observing Solar System planets; Levenhuk Strike 135 PLUS telescope is recommended for use outside the city for deep-sky observations. Levenhuk Strike 135 PLUS will show you the planets as well, but produced images will be less detailed.
Hello! You often talk about a lifetime warranty. But how am I supposed to understand this?? Levenhuk Customer Service:
All Levenhuk products are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship during the whole lifetime of the product on the market. Levenhuk will repair or exchange the product that is found to be defective in materials or workmanship free of charge. You can find full details here - https://www.levenhuk.com/warranty/
Recently I looked through specifications of Levenhuk strike 80 ng, the maximum useful magnification is 160x, and this model provides 180x. So it seems like the price is higher mostly because of accessories? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope is more expensive not only because of accessories included in the kit. This telescope features more potent tripod and mount, more quality multi-coated optics, with bigger diameter, and the optical tube's material and its length are much ahead. And all these accessories (if buy them separately) will cost as two Levenhuk Strike 80 NG telescopes.
Hello! I narrowed down a little my list of telescopes to choose from. Could you please consider the most important details answering my question - this is gonna be my first telescope, its weight and dimensions are not important, their prices are almost equal. So I have to decide with: 1. optical design - refractor Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO or MAK Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO? 2. Which one works better if I'm going to observe in the big city (from my terrace) in cold weather. (they have different thermo stabilization systems, right?) 3. These telescopes produce direct images or reversed?? 4. Is it true that the inner mirror with a special coating eventually deteriorates (Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO)?? 5. I'd like to observe lots of different space objects such as planets, star clusters, nebulae, galaxies. Which telescope is more capable? 6. These models come with a lot of accessories. Tell me, all these accessories are ideally suitable for these models, or it's just a commercial trick? and I will have to buy smth else anyway. Thank you in advance! Levenhuk Customer Service:
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope will be cooling down faster, there's a possibility to install a motor drive; this telescope is perfect for observations under big city light conditions. This telescope produces mirrored left-to-right images (not upside-down). It suits better for planetary observations. Levenhuk Strike 950 PRO is cooling down a little bit longer due to its optical construction; it's suitable for observing almost any space object, provides mirrored left-to-right image as well. The inner mirror has a quality reliable coating, you don't have to worry about it - it is covered by the lifetime warranty. In addition, we recommend buying a quality eyepiece, for example Levenhuk Ra LER 6 mm Eyepiece - https://www.levenhuk.com/products/eyepiece-levenhuk-ra-ler-6/
Hello! Can I use Celestron AstroMaster PowerSeeker motor-drive with this telescope??? Levenhuk Customer Service:
This motor-drive will be perfect for Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO telescope.
Hello! Tell me, 1. can I buy a motor drive additionally to this telescope? 2. GPS? 3. Is it possible to control it from my computer? If I can do that, what will I need? Levenhuk Customer Service:
1. Yes, Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope can be equipped with a motor drive. 2. It's possible in theory. 3. Yes, you can control Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope from your computer, you will need a mount with an autoguider, planetarium software and connecting cables.
My son would like a telescope for looking across the bay - he lives in San Francisco. He already has an astronomical telescope. What would be a good choice for a terrestrial telescope? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Dear Christine, Thank you for interest in Levenhuk products! I'd recommend to look through the Levenhuk Blaze 20-60x80 Spotting Scope (https://www.levenhuk.com/products/spotting-scope-levenhuk-blaze-20-60x80/). It is a very powerful model which will be perfect for terrestrial observations. If you are looking for the telescope, it is better to consider buying a refractor telescope, which will have the reversed image from left to right only. In that way the refractor telescope is suitable for both astronomical and terrestrial observations. The Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope (https://www.levenhuk.com/products/telescope-levenhuk-strike-900-pro/) will be a good choice in this case. This is a very compact and lightweight model which comes with the advanced kit. Is there any additional information you might need? Looking forward to your reply.
What kind of coating does Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO have? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The optics of the Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO model have full multilayer coating.
Hi! Can I use this model for deep-sky astrophotography? What do I need to attach Canon EOS 650D to it? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, you can use this model for astrophotography, but Newtonian telescopes are more appropriate for this purpose. Consider this model: https://www.levenhuk.com/products/telescope-levenhuk-strike-135-plus/. To attach your camera you need a special T-ring adapter, which we don't currently sell. Consider using one of our digital cameras for telescopes: https://www.levenhuk.com/catalogue/digital-cameras-telescope-all-items/
This additional eyepiece Plossl 6.3 mm and 2x Barlow lens together provide 280x magnification, right? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, the resulting magnification in this case is about 285x.
Is there a point in buying 3x Barlow lens? Will the quality suffer? Levenhuk Customer Service:
You can get the highest practical power of 180x using accessories that come in the standard kit. When exceeding highest practical power image quality becomes poor.
What is the lowest/highest magnification of this model using accessories that come in the standard kit? Which additional accessories are required to achieve the highest practical power? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The lowest magnification that Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO provides is 90x with a 25 mm eyepiece. You don't have to buy additional accessories: the highest practical power of 180x may be achieved using 2x Barlow lens included in the standard kit.
It's not clear if SUPER 10 mm and SUPER 25 mm eyepieces are included in the kit. You don't mention them in description, but I can see them in the Specifications table. Levenhuk Customer Service:
SUPER 10 mm and SUPER 25 mm eyepieces are included in the kit.
Hello! What additional accessories I might need to use this model for: 1.astrophotography (with Nikon camera) 2.terrestrial observations.Thank you Levenhuk Customer Service:
1. For astrophotography you will need a T-ring adapter. Unfortunately we don't sell them currently. Consider using digital cameras designed specifically for astrophotography: https://www.levenhuk.com/catalogue/digital-cameras-telescope-all-items/ 2. For terrestrial observations this accessory https://www.levenhuk.com/products/45degree_erect_prisma_levenhuk_7517/ will be helpful
Does telescope case included in the kit only have room for telescope tube, for mount and tripod, or is it capacious enough for all of it. If it's not possible to fit everything in this bag, then how to transport everything else??? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The large compartment in this bag can hold the telescope tube itself, along with a mount, an accessory tray, and a tripod. An internal padded divider separates the tube from the mount and tripod. more
Submit your question or review on
Levenhuk Strike 900 PRO Telescope: