Add to comparison
Levenhuk 50L Biological Microscope
Carrying case included
This excellent biological microscope is ideal for use in schools or colleges as well as for your own researches of microworld.... more
The educational biological microscope Levenhuk 50L
This excellent biological microscope is ideal for use in schools or colleges as well as for your own researches of microworld.
The superb production quality: Case and elements are all-metal, not plastic.
Focusing mechanism and stage move smoothly, without jerks or backlash.
Rotatable head can be fixed in any position which makes observation much more convenient.
Eyepieces, objectives and all other optical elements are multi-coated and highly transparent.
All this provides the extremely high image quality and long life of the microscope, without any special maintenance.
More photosLevenhuk 50L.
Magnification depends on the objectives (located below) and eyepieces (located above) being used.
The set includes two eyepieces and three objectives as well as Barlow lens which allows to smoothly change the magnification ratio.
- Eyepieces: 10x, 16x
- Objectives: 4x, 10x and 40x
- Barlow lens: magn. 1.6
So, the minimal magnification is: Eyepiece 10x * Objective 4x = 40x
Maximal magnification is: Eyepiece 16x * Objective 40x = 640x, and with Barlow lens magnification smoothly reaches 640*1.6 = 1024x !
This microscope is distinguished with an important feature - two built-in illumination systems with adjustable brightness. Both illuminations are LED which ensures the minimal energy consumption yet providing enough light.
Illumination systems are located above and below the stage, and allow observing both transparent and opaque objects: from the tiny solid particles to coins, paper, fabrics etc. (It might be very fascinating to observe a mobile phone screen - actually, each pixel consists of three segments, red, green and blue ones.)
The microscope features a 220V DC adapter, for stationary observations. Where DC supply is not available, you can use three AAA batteries which ensure non-stop functioning of the microscope for 40 hours.
The upper illumination is powered by two AAA batteries.
Note: The batteries are not included and should be purchased additionally.
- Convenient carrying case
- Microscope with 4x, 10x and 40x objectives
- Two eyepieces 10x, 16x
- Barlow lens 1.6x to be used for smooth magnification
- Box for brine shrimp dilution
- Microtome (tool for making fine slices for observation; allows to get specimen slices of sub-millimeter thickness).
- Flask with yeast
- Flask with pitch for making specimens
- Flask with sea salt
- Flask with brine shrimp (a sea organism used as a food source for fish)
- Clean slides (5 pcs)
- 5 specimens: house fly leg, bulb onion, cotton stalk, tree trunk slice, pine slice
- Removable upper illumination
- User manual and warranty slip
- Ready-to-use specimens set (includes specimens of plants, weeds, flies etc.)