Levenhuk M12 Planisphere
Dimensions: 5.07x5.46 in / 13x14 cm
Levenhuk M12 Planisphere consists of the actual map of celestial bodies and a rotating layer that helps you navigate through the map.... more
Levenhuk M12 Planisphere consists of the actual map of celestial bodies and a rotating layer that helps you navigate through the map.
Things you can do with the star chart:
- Determine easily and quickly the current position of stars in the sky on any day and at any time.
- In order to do that, set the date with the rotating layer and adjust it to the time scale. For example, January, 21st at 22:00 (the chart uses the 24-hour clock system). Once you have done that, you will see the stars visible from Earth at the selected time inside the circle of the rotating layer.
- See which stars are the brightest.
- Images of stars of up to 3rd apparent magnitude (marked as m, a measure of a celestial body’s brightness) of the northern celestial hemisphere and partially the southern celestial hemisphere are printed on the chart as circles. The larger the circle, the brighter the star it represents. The brightest stars also have their names printed.
- Have a better understanding of how celestial bodies are situated.
In the center of the star chart you will see the North Pole of Earth and Polaris next to it.
The chart is best suited for starting amateur astronomers, children and anybody else who wants to know more about stars.
For a more advanced experience, please visit Levenhuk M20 Large Planisphere.
Usage: General use product. May be used by kids over 3 years old.
Levenhuk M12 Planisphere - Total: 5 0 5
Hello! Is this map suitable for Tajikistan? Levenhuk Customer Service:
The small mobile map of the starry sky Levenhuk M12 is not suitable for Tajikistan.
Good day, I am going to Thai on vacation this year, will I be able to use this map for observations in Thailand? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, Levenhuk M12 Planisphere is suitable for use in Thailand.
Hello! I'd like to know what's the difference in size between M12 and M20 planispheres? Or just tell me their sizes, I'm just not sure which one will be more convenient... Thanks Levenhuk Customer Service:
Levenhuk M12 Planisphere - 5.07x5.46 in (13x14 cm); Levenhuk M20 Large Planisphere - 8.3x12.2 in (21x31 cm).
Hello! Is this planisphere suitable for 65th parallel north? Levenhuk Customer Service:
Levenhuk M20 planisphere is designed for 45°-63° north latitude, i.e. the rotating disk will show star constellations that can be seen in these latitudes.
Hello, Levenhuk! Is this map applicable for southeastern Vietnam (Phan Thiet city). My apologies, but I can't figure out what the latitude is) Your help is greatly appreciated! Levenhuk Customer Service:
Yes, Levenhuk M12 Planisphere is suitable for Phan Thiet city.
Submit your question or review on
Levenhuk M12 Planisphere: